Producing Translated Documents for USCIS Applications

- Nov/2018

If you are applying for a Green Card or visa with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you will be required to produce supporting documentation for same. However, if the documents presented are in a foreign language, they must be translated to English. In such cases, a copy of the original document, the English translation, and a corresponding translation certificate must be filed, signed by a translator who is competent in both respective languages.

Providing a translation that is not within USCIS standards may result in a delay in the process (typically in the form of a Request for Evidence “RFE”), or even a total rejection of the visa application. For this reason, it is important to retain the assistance of certified professionals who possess the necessary experience to ensure that the translation is filed correctly.

If you have plans to internationalize your investments, develop business, and begin your expatriation process, it is important to have a team of lawyers with proven experience, acting in several jurisdictions and accredited by their respective governments. Our highly specialized professionals possess the technical skills required to evaluate the best alternatives and meet your needs and expectations.

To know which immigration option best suits your profile and that of your family, in addition to knowing more about the many possible alternatives for your projects to develop successfully, talk to one of our expert attorneys. Schedule a consultation with HAYMAN-WOODWARD PLLC now.

Our attorneys will assist you in all the details of your expatriation, at all stages, including business development in the United States. For our law firm, each case is unique and is treated as such, with personalized and individualized solutions.

HAYMAN-WOODWARD PLLC is a Washington (D.C) based law firm, specializing in immigration and federal tax laws. All legal services are provided by duly-licensed attorneys in each jurisdiction.

More News

E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security